Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Revolution

It's a word that gets used a lot, but my earliest memories of putting it into competent use involve the political sense of the word. The French and American and Russian Revolutions, for example, clearly deserve the title as I first learned it. It wasn't until I got older that I heard of broader societal changes described as "revolutionary," and it wasn't until my Epistemology class that I heard of the word in the context of scientific revolutions. The situation in Egypt seems to warrant the use of the word as I first learned it. Whether it becomes a full-blown revolution or not remains to be seen, but it seems to be getting close.

1)Revolution, Egyptian style: Change is afoot.

2)Things are looking bad for Mubarak.

3)He seems to be having a problem with this.

4)From Iran's recent troubles, to Egypt's current ones, the revolution will not be televised, but.

5)From Andrew Sullivan.

6)This has little to do with Egypt's particular situation, but I couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment